View Single Post
      06-03-2017, 01:54 AM   #1
dsramme2
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Tracking M235i xdrive massive underteer problem.

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else have been tracking xdrive car and are having/had problems with understeer?

my current setup is camber plates with about 2,1 degrees front and have set about 1,1 degrees in the back camber. Have 18x8 rims with et 35 all around, right now with standard tire sizes (F225 R245) using kumho v70a. rest is stock.

The problem is that I experience the car as more prone to understeer then it was with stock wheel setup. The camber plates gives a lot better turn in just when you flick the wheel, but then it’s like all the weight just pushes it forward instead of sideways. More throttle = more forward. If I turn the traction control completely of it actually feels more fwd?! which is strange for during the winter in the snow this is a very rwd biased car. Have tried different approaches, more/less entry speed, but as soon as I go on the throttle it just goes straight, cant get the rear to break out.

Know that the obvious first step is to go for square tyre setup. But should I maybe change the wheel alignment a bit, more/less camber in the back for instance? to get a bit more neutral/rwd feeling in the car

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0