View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
You know.....thinking about this more and just in general.

I would actually talk to more people, but as it stands right now and for as long as I can remember......The only time I hear from most anyone that I don't see on a daily basis is because of something they need help with.

Example.....this morning I get up, and I have 3 text messages from 3 different people....one of whom is my brother....and they are all asking about a solution to a problem.

My niece just gave birth to my brother's grandkid last week.....and it was "crickets" with my phone. But I wake up this morning to an Electrical question about wiring up a stupid hot tub.

It's the story of my life. I'm only contacted or approached if someone has an Electrical, Computer, or Automotive question.....or any issue for that matter. I'm not Webster or Google!!

My wife can ask me....have you heard from "so and so" lately? And I say no....and she will say I guess they don't need anything. And if I say yes....she will be like "what do they need help with"?
This! Not so long ago, my house was "The Spot" after work. A handful of friends would come over for after work debauchery. Essentially, whiskey, cigars, cigarettes, bitching about our day - co-workers, employees, customers and giving each other a hard time until eventually someone's (usually the female of the group) feelings would get hurt. I got tired of supplying whiskey and mentioned that they should start bringing their own; they did for about 2 weeks. Suddenly the number of people stopping by dwindled. Currently none of them come by anymore and I'm cool with it. Randomly I will hear from them when they want me to do something to their car, need advice on some bullshit or just need someone to listen to them complain for about an hour (usually the female of the group).

It's funny how people who pose as friends are only your friends in the event that it benefits them to some degree. Remove the benefit and see how many of them make the effort to continue the relationship.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00