06-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #21
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
They are very different. Boston is a world class city while Columbia is more of a small college town. As you’d expect in Boston, that while there is a lot to do and see from an entertainment, historical and cultural perspective - also great ethnic foods. Columbia has some of that, but on a much smaller scale and the area tends to cater to the college students. However, there is a lot of natural beauty in SC, you can get to the country and beach fairly quickly (traffic is a non issue), the weather is nicer and it’s much less expensive. Columbia is less hustle bustle of course.
And this is all very true - SC and MA will each offer an entirely different experience. It’s not that one state is necessarily better than the other, it just depends on what you want.

Personally, for me, I wanted my law degree from a school in the NE, which is why I moved from the South; I had a great time living in Boston. But that was over a two decades ago, and as I get older am less tolerant of the winters and more inclined to look for a slower - and more relaxed pace of life.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16551.50