View Single Post
      01-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #9
bovino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36, 2017 i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
This hate/hate upgrade has disaster all over it.
I would stop and understand why your wife dislikes the i3. If it has anything to do with physical constraints (driver/passenger seat aggravating sore back, access to the back seat, etc), no amount of eloquence will over-come her objections. And here is the rub - she will likely be right!

If it's something else that leads her to dislike the i3, understand what it is, and see if her objections can be overcome, or if she has valid points and you need to look at a different car.

Sorry, but i3 is not awesome.
If you are BMW folks, you will be underwhelmed by i3's handling and performance. It's not horrible, but definitely VERY far from awesome.

Where i3 makes up for its performance and handling limitations is in technological coolness, practicality, and super-low ownership cost.

Nothing wrong with Leaf and other EVs, especially Tesla S.
Go test drive them, and see how you like them.
I would rather you and your wife bought an EV you were both thrilled with, than twist your arm towards an i3 you will later

So she dislikes the look...but she likes it a lot more than my jacked up 10 year old jeep. We did test drive it and both liked the drive. We have very different expectations of the vehicle than our 435.

We shall see. We are looking to see how low they will go to get one off the lot.
Appreciate 0