View Single Post
      07-19-2022, 08:10 AM   #22
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I've used DWS for years and currently have the 06 on my 128i Msport 6-speed on 18-inch Apex wheels as year-round tires. My driveway is a quarter-mile-long undulating terrain and I don't expect the Contis to get me there when snow and ice are on the ground but otherwise they've been fantastic tires. Snow is actually not so bad but around here it quickly turns to packed ice. I'm sure the AS4 would perform at least as well but the Contis have been great for me. I also have them on two E28s and an E39. I have a dedicated set of snows on wheels but haven't had to put them on in years around here.

When I first put the latest set on my 128i I thought I'd screwed up everything I loved about that car. The feeling lasted maybe 300-miles. Don't know yet if I got used to them over my track tires, or if they just had to break-in, but the confidence and precision of the handling hasn't disturbed me for well over a year now. Just saying that in case you go with the Contis and initially feel you may have made a mistake!
Appreciate 0