Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
absolutely!

folks don't take physics and chem classes, and mandatory driving education is non existent.

A dude in CT4 with all seasons could not go up the hill. I stopped and asked if he needed a ride. He said I bought this goddamn car with awd and it won't go up. Then he said he had all seasons and when I looked they had 2-3 mm tread in 2 inches of snow covered roads. I asked him do you put your sneakers on when walking thru snow? Then the car stared to slide backwards. He got anxious and waited for tow truck.

For me there is no all season tire that is good in 4 seasons period! They are different compounds. Boots in the winter and running shoes in the summer!
The OP said he isn't going to drive the car in snow...

Driving in snow requires experience and talent. Most people lack one or both. Even winter tires with a dumbass at the helm will get the car stuck, regardless of drivetrain architecture.
ok yeah although his use case is suspect. let's say you are out at work and the freezing rain starts. I would rather have snows than all seasons. He said -10C so that means some black ice also. I guess all seasons could be ok for very short trips.
Appreciate 1