Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
most posts here are completely uninformed. the VA has issues mostly bureaucratic in nature. but MOST VA hospitals provide excellent care and MOST VA hospitals have an association with a major medical school - meaning that the docs at a typical state run medical school also have an appointment at a connected VA hospital and work there as well. typically VA care is quite good. the VA tends not to overload docs from a work perspective meaning that a typical VA primary care doc sees 15-20 pts a day where as a large private clinic the doc may see 30 or more patients a day. say you are at a high end hospital like harvard medical center, its MDs also work at Veteran Affairs Boston Healthcare System... for profit medicine makes money because they limit care and do the bare minimum. its pure fallacy to think that somehow the free market is going to improve medicine, it simply does not. it creates a care system that bilks insurance carriers, rations care and delivers the difference to shareholders.

So how many VA's have you been to as a patient? Me - I've been to several, including to have major work done from blast injury while working as a government official overseas.

The bulk of my experience at the VA was far worse than the normal hospital care I've received before or since. So bad, as a matter of fact, that I refuse to go anymore - even though I could get the care gratis, I pay to go to a regular hospital.

What care have you been provided at the VA?