chango335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 35i Luxury, C450 AMG

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Back in 2009 we rented from Sixt in Germany. Everything went fine until a couple weeks after I got home. I got an email from Sixt saying they discovered rear end damage and that I needed to report it to my insurance company, yada, yada. I talk to my insurer who said this happens all the time with Sixt and don't worry about it, they'd pay it. I told them there was no damage and even the Sixt guy who inspected the car with a fine tooth comb when we returned it said it was fine. I told my insurer I would not submit a claim and I wrote back to Sixt telling them I'd be getting a lawyer and would report them to the German authorities if no damage was found. They wrote back and said it was a mistake and to forget about it.
LOL same thing happened to me in Germany while renting through Sixt. Rented a 2012 BMW 640d cabriolet. Took lots of pics of the car before returning it. Didn't see any damage. Then a few months later I get an email from Sixt saying that I damaged the front spoiler and that I owe them 2000 euros in repairs. Sent back a letter from my lawyer and pics outlining that I am not responsible for the damages. They then said don't worry about it and it was their mistake.

Tips? I would definitely buy the collision damage insurance offered by the rental company- that way they can't try to come after you for more money.