03-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #44
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
This is not the correct section. Go to "off topic discussion". You'll get way more people involved since its the entire forum and not just E90.

But I heard the carolinas are nice. My parents are looking into it as an alternative to jersey mainly because of property tax being dirt in comparison. It's nice all year around and other than storms occasionally, I can't see down sides. I've been there a few times and the people are more than friendly. Must be the nice weather

In a short time I plan to be an airline pilot and once that happens, I plan on choosing a base down south. New Jersey is nice. Having lived in both north and south, I can say it isn't as bad as the rest of the country makes it out to be.
We thought the Carolina's were nice too, until we moved here 20 years ago. North Carolina has some great areas around the smokies or the outer banks, but stay away from S.C, at least the part not on the coast. Tremendous heat (it never dips under 90 between May and September) combined with lots of crime, racial tension and chemical dependency. Great place to get meth though if you're into that. And the southern charm thing disappears real quick.

Not to mention we have some of the worst driver's in the country too. Property taxes ARE low though, and there's a $300 cap on sales tax for cars. On the flip side, we pay property tax on said cars every year. My m3 costs us about $650 a year in property tax. Only a couple hundred less than the house! And the roads are absolute crap. Can't forget about that.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 03-20-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
Zajac1259.50