03-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #42
Atx328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
i have lived in Florida, GA & TX so i will share a few thoughts.

Florida - its a long state so the northern part is very similar to GA and the southern part is very similar to Carribean. For the most part it very flat with not a lot of business/industry and lots of retired folks. This makes it tougher to find a good-paying job. The weather in the South is Awesome except for the occasional hurricane. But you have to get used to things taking longer/or just not being done very well. I personally don't think I could move back. Roads are flat and straight.

GA - Atlanta is popping and lots of jobs. If you have to drive around the city thought traffic is terrible. Airport will get you anywhere with the fewest hops. Near to the mountains with associated fun roads. It isn't as warm as you might equate from the South as there is an actual winter.

TX - its not a state really considering its the size of france or germany. As the poster above said - don't come to Austin. Traffic is terrible and there are so many hipsters moving here everyday as well as UT grads who don't want to leave, there is a tremendous load on the infrastructure and services with Zero appetite from the cities to scale up. Unless you are in tech, the jobs don't match the prices for housing and other expenses. It gets ridiculously hot in July & August. Several years ago we had 50+ days in a row in the triple digits. It does have hills, good food & BBQ and live music & hippies. A northern suburb of Dallas is probably a better idea for a yankee transplant.
Appreciate 1
Zajac1259.50