View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 12:12 AM   #21
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Now that this thread has started, I'm going to pay attention and see what inherent stereotypes I make with cars based on brand... I subconsciously judge brands, but don't have any immediate stereotypes that spring to mind.

I make rash judgements about every driver of every car near me, because I roughly fit that original Q&A w̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ contributor's BMW stereotype - I'm quick to change lanes to try to get through the light before it turns red.

But I will share one very strong judgement that I make:

If you have damage on the back of your car, I know the law says you weren't at fault; but I ain't the law. I'm going to do my level best to not be behind you, because that is like a big neon sign saying:

WARNING: I am a timid driver who stops suddenly and hesitates when there's such a huge gap in traffic that the car behind me think's we've both got room to go. I am either so poor that I can't afford insurance, or I care so little about driving that I can't be bothered getting this damage fixed.

Edit: Two others while I think of it:

Anybody on a sports bike, I'm going to assume is an assertive driver who takes off quickly. I'm constantly disappointed by riders who do not fulfill this stereotype. That bike is wasted on you.
Anybody on a chopper: I'm going to assume is an extremely considerate rider out for a cruise, but one not to be fucked with. I'm betting you're either in a Motorcycle club, close friends with someone in a motorcycle club, or the most dangerous of the three: someone who isn't a member of a motorcycle club but wishes they were. When it comes to choppers, I'm assuming if I touch your bike, it won't be the police I need to worry about.

Last edited by xQx; 04-23-2019 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00