12-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #258
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleung View Post
Didn't know there is an "Asian smurf". Mine is WG. As far as Rolexes, it's probably my "grail watch", although I must admit I also like the all gold GMT. Unfortunately, I am not gangsta enough to rock it.
It'd be a vintage (1970s) watch at this point in time, but then Subs haven't changed all that much so as one would readily know the difference by a picture.

At this point, the WG is the only blue being sold specifically that way. It's possible however to buy a SS black one and buy a replacement dial and bezel insert to shift to blue. That's how this one came to be. (http://www.timeandgems.com/rolex-men...iner-5103.html)

The extensive customizability of a Rolex is one reason why I shy away from them on the used watch market. Another is the rampant fakes that are also out there. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the consequence of being taken by some slick scoundrel. And I certainly don't have that kind of money to just lose.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0