Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Ooooooh data point alert

It does change when you pay them, clearly, but I want to see the effect of it. Tinder calculates your swipe to match ratio, and unless you're very, very selective (10% match rate signals you are either a greek god or you're very selective) you don't see hot chicks to say the least.

I want to examine the effects of artificially inflating numbers. It seemingly worked, but I can't give any quantitative data on it so I can't also recommend it. I don't know how many profiles I swiped left on, primarily because seems Tinder has a monthly limit on data requests (which is slightly illegal per GDPR but idk about america), but once I figure that out I should be able to give you a better answer.

Because this would effectively mean you run a command, inflate your left swipes and your match ratio, system thinks you're "hotter" so you see hotter chicks and you match if your pics and bio complement the "league" tinder puts you in.

Setting a new location also boosts your profile so you run out of likes and buy the plus/gold faster. You can also see 10 of your most liked, if a match liked you before you liked her, her instagram pictures etc there's actually a scary amount of data that Tinder collects on you for either no reason or their algorithm is much more complicated than I can ever grasp as a civil engineer.

If I asked you to pull your stats and your boy's stats and send them would I be asking too much? This goes out to anyone who'd love to help me out with my pseudo-research
Yea, but where do you even find them? Don't you have to like request data from tinder?

Not sure if this is what you're after, but I've only gotten laid once via tinder and this is with over 100 matches in the past year. My buddy on the other hand is well over 10 and not sure on number of matches. I know one thing, he swipes right on anyone with a pulse and still manages to match with quality chicks.

With the gold super likes, and unlimited swipes they put your profile out there / cycle you around significantly more.

Maybe I'm just ugly though.
Appreciate 0