09-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #27
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
After returning from my lunch excursion today, the number of people who have total lack of concern for other motorists is alarming. Maybe 30% use turn signal indicators, if that. Making a 10 minute trip to the restaurant and back to the office, I narrowedly escaped 2 different accidents from other drivers entering lanes without looking or using a signal.

Something else I have noticed, as of late, are people who do not want to stop at the end of an aisle in parking lots. For whatever reason, they feel the person who has the right of way should stop, so they don't have to. It happens almost ever time I'm in a parking lot these days. Anyone else experience this or is just in this area?
Similiar thing happened just now to me and the wife. Had a guy come up on the left side of me with his blinker on to get over into the right lane I was in. I was behind another car, but he came around and just kept merging in like I was expected to stop.

To make matters worse I had someone else behind me riding my ass.....ended up locking the brakes down and almost got slammed in the back because I guess this guy figured his turn signal meant he had the right of way.

I just bit my lip, and told my wife at least he was using his turn signal. Like I said in that one thread from way back...I'm trying to be better about things like this.