View Single Post
      10-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #10
bwcooper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
From a pragmatic standpoint the Engineering team might be wondering why someone would wish for a spare when the vehicle comes with run-flats (why waste the space and weight).
I threw in the spare tire at the last minute after looking into the costs for replacement tires (which will likely come all too quickly). Thought having a real spare would give me flexibility on ordering normal tires if wanted instead of new RFT's. And thought if I needed the space in the "hole" I could just put the spare in the garage. Seemed pretty cheap for a spare and the jack!

Anyway, I'm not too surprised by the change, and might still make the same decision. Just would think that in the BYO site description of the compact spare should point out that it also eliminates the storage for the cover and the tie down rails, etc. and makes the cargo space non-flat rather than saying absolutely nothing about it. In fact, below is the picture above the Space Saver Spare Option in the BYO site, which actually shows the "normal" cargo space!!

BTW, speaking of your wishlist, I do have to applaud your efforts to pull that together and BMW's openness to actually include so many of the ideas into the design. That was impressive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0