View Single Post
      07-07-2022, 08:45 AM   #10
RothwellSF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 FDG XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallySlash View Post
I think the carriers have learned that flooding the market with space doesn’t keep rates at a compensatory level. Expect to see port omissions and blank sailings.
Yep.
For reference, shipping the same 40ft container from the USA to China is around $900-1100 bucks. (minus all the port fees / bond ect)

When I say my container is 8000, only the shipping from A to B is $8000. Im actually paying $12000 to be delivered to my warehouse. Around $2000 in port fees and around $2000 in pickup/dropoff delivery.

For the record, I think as long as they continue to raise interest rates there will be some "chop" in the markets. I think the dow has actually maintained support around 30k. I think it could and probably should go lower to correct. I think housing market, especially where I live in CA should see a 20-30% correction. Especially since it went up 30% in 2 years. I think we could see 2 years of gains erased in both the stock market and housing. But maybe it's just wishful thinking as we are looking to buy a home. And don't trust a realtor when they say rates are historically low. That's such a realtor answer. We "hopefully" won't ever see rates above 15% in our lifetime, would cause an absolute hailstorm of problems and this economy would collapse.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00