02-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #33
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
I'd look at Toyota suvs and Hyundai/Kia. Toyotas are very reliable and the Koreans make a great looking product with an excellent warranty. If you can find a gently used one a year old with the depreciation hit already taken even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinebuilder View Post
The Kia Telluride is worth considering. Its nice looking, has a great warranty and its a car that wins all the comparison tests.
Great options! Seem like they have a lot for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
i HAVE LITERALLY NO IDEA WHY YOU'D GO THE LANDCRUISER/4 rUNNER AVENUE WITH MAYBE 2 KIDS, ABSOLUTE OVERKILL, nof FOR 4 RUNNER ... hIGHLander does it all in a far simpler and more comfortable package.

Too lazy to correct caps.
I'm not sure I follow on the overkill. Is it size? They're all very similar.

4Runner trims in talk are only offered in a two row configuration whereas the Highlander is a three row. If you fold down the third row, it effectively has identical storage capacity behind second row (Highlander = 48ft³ / 4Runner = 47ft³). The 4Runner is far simpler than the Highlander. If anything, I would consider the Highlander overkill for two kids as it offers the third row. I won't argue comfort, however - unibody vs BOF always has a clear winner!

The Land Cruiser you may be thinking of is the GX460 that was brought up - which is a fancy Land Cruiser Prado - effectively same size with about 47ft³ behind second row.

I think they are all relevant and the choice comes down to use and lifestyle.
Appreciate 0