09-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #3611
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
The correct and this may sound trite.-No one grabs your gun while you are alive. Its as simple as that. There are training techniques to this as I know grumpy knows.

I wish I could say I never had an AD. But I have. I would guess most people that shoot 10's of thousands of rounds do. Once you have one you will never have an other one.

Its obvious YOU have had training. Are you an instructor-I would guess you are. I hope some on the board learn from you.

I buy my ammo for the last 5 years at targetsportsusa.com. Free shipping, no tax and $2.80 for insurance.
I was not a Use of Force/Firearms instructor. I turned the job down on a number of occasions because I couldn't bring myself to doing the same training sessions day after day. I did benefit from years of excellent training and real life experience. I'd like to think I have an informed opinion on some of these topics, I offer my opinion based on my training and experience and what has worked for me during 30+ years of policing a in a large city. I coached new officers for years and always told them that I have my way of doing things, other officers may do things differently, both can be right so develop your own way, but trust your training and skill set.
Appreciate 1