View Single Post
      05-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
If you were a regular Joe like I am, where do you suggest on finding a good advisor? I know there are a lot of dirty ones out there who want quick money. My goal is absolutely long term, there's no way in hell I'm leaving my future income when I retire up to the government. Thanks, man.
Get recommendation, from people you trust, but be careful not everyone had the same investment strategy. Not all advisory and be good at all types of investments, it just too hard. My person is great in the financial markets, like banks and such, But not so go in the high tech, but that is okay, I work in high tech and know those companies, so my guy will some times call me up and bounce ideas and thought off me to see what I think about them.

I good adviser will spend a lot of time getting to understand you and what interests you and what you invest goals are. But be careful of the package invest goal questions, SOme guys come in ask all these standard questions to make you think they are interested in your goals, but only to show you they have these great package investment that meet your goal. They just basically profiled you.
Appreciate 0