02-11-2022, 12:28 PM   #49
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMonk57 View Post
Hey man thanks for being honest. I actually love the car. I have driven it about 600 miles already and it’s been fine. I am taking it to a bimmer shop next week to have them go through it front to back. I noticed the VRSF pipe. It looks really nice. So I can assume that the engine and transmission are back to the stock tune now? I also have the CarMax extended warranty which helps me sleep at night. This is my first BMW, but I’ve had Volkswagens leave me stranded before so I get what you mean about being stranded. I am selling my problem-free 2017 Infiniti QX50 for this car so I am both nervous and excited. Any other history you have on the car is appreciated. I plan to treat it like a baby and drive it as long as I can.
Yeah, I flashed it all back to stock upon selling. I also have replaced the coolant return hose about 10k miles ago, it never broke but I wanted to change it before it did. I changed the oil every 5-8k m using OEM oil and filter. I have done a UOA (used oil analysis) on it about once a year and it has always come back with positive reviews, no wear and tear metals or other unwanted fluids detected. They even said I could wait to change it every 10k m if I wanted but I stuck to 5-8k for peace of mind. I also babied the car, never tracked it and only went to the drag strip 3 times. I also replaced all 4 brake pads with Stop Tech pads and sensors about 5k m ago.

I'm glad it went to someone who will care for it. I don't foresee any others issues with it but if you mod it for performance, be sure to upgrade the IC and hpfp.

It was my second Bimmer but first boosted and awd one, so very different characteristics.
Appreciate 0