View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #581
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Don't forget, Mahomes also got PAID big $$. I mentioned this in the past but no QB that has gotten paid the big bucks has won the Super Bowl.
this is more of an anomaly and coincidence than an indicator of team success. Brady has skewed the number because of his wins and typically taking less than market value, and some early success in some generational type players (Wilson, Mahomes, etc)

But, if you look at the top 10 highest cap hits for QBs in a given season, more times than not, they are in the playoffs and in the AFC/NFC Championship games. And as anyone who watches the NFL knows, once you make it to the playoffs, anything can happen.

Matt Ryan for example was one epic choke job by his coach away from disproving the stat with the 3rd highest cap hit that season at just under $24 million.

And Brady did it last year with the 5th highest cap hit in the league.

And if anyone is curious, Mahomes has the 20th highest cap hit in the league this season. The biggest reason for the drop off in production this year is the chiefs complete lack of a running game, coupled with an abysmal defense, and Mahomes feeling like he has to carry the team and make plays. Defenses have all but given up stopping the run vs the chiefs and are focusing on the pass.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0