Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
The Chiefs have played more games than any other team the last two seasons. Back to back Super Bowl appearances. I imagine they are very tired. I think that has something to do with them being off this season.
I don't believe that has anything to do with it. I don't ever recall hearing any team say they were tired the next year when they want to back to back SBs. There is a good amount of time to recover between the SB and camp.

I think it is EXTREMLY hard to get to the SB back to back or even be a 'real' contender. A lot of this has to do with $$$. The NFL is designed so you can be great one or two years and then you need to go and do 'rebuilding'. You can only pay so many people so much money before you are out of cap space. The only team that seemed to find a way to always be a contender for 20 years was the Pats. But they were somehow able to take no name people, put them into their system, and made them good/great. They then leave when they are worth too much(Bill does not like paying players) and often did not perform at the same level as when they were with the pats. They had a way of elevating player's abilities if felt like.

Anyways I think people have just studied the Chiefs a significant amount because they wanted to either replicate their greatness or find a way to stop Mahomes. Maybe Mahomes didn't take care of his body and mind during the time off before camp? He does not seem like his old self.

Last edited by Torgus; 11-02-2021 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0