Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I hate to deliver the bad news but you WILL experience ballast failure if you installed the AiB driver packs inside the headlamp housings. This practice is also not recommended in the eAs install documentation. I bought a new AiB kit last summer and experienced driver failure twice before returning the kit. In 100-degree Texas heat, the ballasts didn't even survive a weekend.

Only the Weisslicht kit currently allows the drivers to be safely mounted inside the headlamp housing-- they're much smaller, support much lower current draw and are encased in a metal enclosure. I'm hoping the LUX H8 kit will be improved soon with an updated driver pack design that allows them to be mounted inside the headlamp housing once again.
This is incorrect, the current drivers allow all components to be placed within the headlamp for a stealth installation.

If you have any further questions on the kits, please feel free to contact me by phone or email directly.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0