Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I agree. I don't think the customer really loses out on anything. BMW benefits because they potentially collect a sale of an option multiple times if the car gets on the used market (assuming the option gets removed if an owner gets rid of the car).
If bmw is disabling features when you sell your car and making the next owner pay for them again that will undeniably hurt resale values. Even though they're not providing anything of vale at that point in time, BMW will essentially be taking a cut of every used car sale. Owners will definitely be hurt by this in the form of increased depreciation.
I don't think much is going to change. Everyone will have to readjust on how they appraise used cars. If a car cost $50,000, depreciation/resale value will be based on that like it has been - no one should be appraising a car for what was enabled if BMW is going to disable features if a car is sold to a second owner.

Again, all of this is highly reliant on how BMW prices these "fully" loaded cars. The subscription part shouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate 0