View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 06:08 AM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafufu View Post
I vote for a mechanical perpetual calendar movement that sets daylight savings automatically based on your current timezone, location, or watch setting. Perhaps such movement does exist already but didn't make it to mass production since it doesn't make business sense. I think the Glashütte Original Grande Cosmopolite Tourbillon Watch is close enough.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ha...ite-tourbillon
Even if someone did make a movement to compensate for daylight savings, it would only be as good as if none of the law makers monkeys around on when daylight savings is supposed to happen.

Remember, daylight savings was changed to a few years ago so it would happen earlier in the year and the rollback later in the year. I remember this well as I had to update firmware on network equipment to deal with the change. Some manufacturers updated when the new daylight savings happened, others now have you enter the date to deal with any future changes.

Thinking of movements that do daylight savings, I actually do have a watch which is supposed to compensate for daylight savings automatically. It's a Citizens that syncs via RF to the atomic clock broadcasts.
Appreciate 0