11-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #124
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Finally got the check from GM. At least they didn’t cheap out and pay a low settlement fee. I got back basically what I paid for the car plus tax and fees.

From the day the engine blew up on February 29th (yay leap year), until they finally send me the check, almost 270 days (nearly 9 months) have passed. Epic level of indifference from GM for their customers.

I hope none of you will ever have to go through this process. If you DO I have a great law firm I can recommend.
Greetings HACK!
YAY!!!! Order a pizza and throw a party.

Such self-induced trauma (by GM)....they don't get it today and they won't get it tomorrow, leading one to NEVER purchase a vehicle of any kind from GM. And to make things worse, a last gen C7 Grand Sport....your Vette was not transportation....it was passion. You purchased the Vette b/c it was an uber high-performing sports car. It's so painful to discover the oil pump thingy that failed was a known Achilles heal. Companies do this all the time, just look at the latest Boeing debacle....a brand new 737 MAX platform with re-engineered flight controls and Boeing did not inform the airlines of a massively fatal flaw that brought down two new 737 MAX's and 350 souls perished.

Now, what's next?? We can immediately rule out a new C8. Are you entering the high-performance market again??

Take a deep breath....it's over....you at least have a check that was not an embarassingly low-ball amount.