11-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #115
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I want this chapter closed. I really do.

First, if they had fixed the car right in the first place, and fixed it well with a new engine, they’d be out maybe $10-12K as the LT1 engine’s not all that expensive. Instead, they’re paying my law firm that much just to cut me a $70K check. Good job Chevy.

But I thought the saga is over when I signed the buy back agreement. Nope.

A few weeks ago I got a call from the Chevy dealership asking me to return the loaner. I’m like, “GREAT! Does GM have my check ready?” “Um, no...but you have had the loaner for weeks and GM has indicated that since your Corvette is flagged for buy back, we’re no longer going to try and fix it. So we need you to return the loaner.”

“So you’re telling me that you’ll keep my $88k car, a car I haven’t been compensated for, and I need to return the loaner you lent me because you don’t want to fix the car anymore?”

“Well, no, sir, you can take your Corvette back.”

“Has it been fixed?”

“...”

“Car’s subject to a buy back agreement sir. We’re under no obligation to fix it now. But it runs. You can drive it.”

“Okay. Say I take the car back, and the engine seized at 70mph. Are you guys going to assume the liability?”

“Sir the car runs.”

“Your engineer hear that nasty knocking sound right? Unless they can tell me exactly what is the cause of that, and give me a statement in writing that the diagnostic is the car is perfectly safe to operate, I’m not touching that car with a thousand foot pole.”

“Let me check with the tech and I’ll get back to you on that.”

Haven’t heard back since. And it’s been 3 weeks. 5 weeks since I signed the buy back agreement. Meanwhile, I don’t even know why they bother making this Trax, as it is by far the shittiest car I’ve ever driven. The ONLY redeeming value is I took the family to Vegas and it returned a respectable 30 mpg. When that is the ONLY positive thing one can say about any vehicle, well...you might as well just give me a fucking Prius.

I mean, the Grand Sport was an awesome car when it ran. And frankly some Chevy cars are worth consideration. But when one factor in the fact that you had to work with your local Chevy dealership, well...that pretty much closes the book on any Chevy for me.

Still waiting for Chevy to order me to “surrender” my car. Believe you me, even though the loaner doesn’t cost me a dime to drive except the cost of fuel, really, I’d rather have this eyesore off my driveway to be honest.
Greetings HACK,
This reads like a textbook example of how-not-to care for the customer. It is beyond egregious that the basic transportation provided to you while your $88K Vette sits in their possession must be returned is laughable.

I was with Four Seasons Hotels at Director level for sixteen years. We were empowered to do ANYTHING possible to take care of the customer - period.

Your story is one of pain and suffering....and I'm not referring to your Vette.