View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #252
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Not loving Brady and not considering him to be the GOAT is one thing but to say he's not in the top 10 is just straight sipping on the haterade. I loathe Tom Brady and anything to do with MA. (Massachusetts - only illustrating because going off of your spelling of certain words, I don't think you're American. Or you may be and Siri spell check is set to Canada or another country, I dunno) but I do appreciate the two Super Bowls he's gifted my Giants. So from a guy out of NY, who's preprogrammed to dislike anything coming out of that neighboring state, there is no current QB who is alive that I would rather have lead my team in the Super Bowl. Periodt. He's a winner, he just goes out and wins. Regardless of how much credit you want to give the defense or the team, he's the leader and the rest of it falls on him. The defense wouldn't have stepped up time and time again, if they felt he couldn't overcome a 28-3 deficit in the Super Bowl. Your arm strength argument is moot as well. Cam Newton has superior arm strength to Brady. So does Roger's. And Mahommes and Lamar Jackson. Arm strength doesn't mean shit, you can prove that looking at your own top 5. Steve Young couldn't throw the ball 50 yards from his knees but he managed to do "alright."

Everybody knows the Patriots are extremely frugal when it comes to paying their own player FA's. Look no further than Chandler Jones for a perfect example.

You're right, he's not a superior athlete. He doesn't have a cannon. But his decision making and football IQ is off the charts. Consistently this man has taken players that didn't or don't amount to shit on other teams and elevated them. That's the difference his presence alone makes on a team. The elites have it, the Manning's, the Montana's et all, but nobody has done it as long or as successfully as Brady has.

Athletes these days are on another level. Look at DK Metcalf. People the size of a Gwagon should NOT be able to run that fucking fast. Lamar can chuck the ball out of the stadium and does jump passes. Even Mahommes is on another level athletic wise, but they'd have to keep up their pace for the next 10-15 years to even match or surpass Brady. No injuries, no arrests, so on and so forth. Lamar has perennially one of the best defenses in the league. That's what the Ravens do exceptionally well, just like the Steelers. Mahommes has a treasure trove of weapons on both sides of the ball. Brady has never had the top ranked defense. They (Pats) consistently been in the top 10 (give or take about 5 seasons where not even in the top 10) and they've always rotated players out. Bellicheck doesn't even draft well. Always trading out of the first round. They draft with culture fit in mind more so than talent. It's what they've done extremely well past 20 years.

I throughly love watching Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, and even Herbert (I think he's gonna be a stud) play, but it's a completely different era. They grew up playing Madden much like I did and the way they play shows. Only in madden would you consistently roll out across the field and then sling it across your chest to the opposite side. This is something they started to do in their younger years. Something the Montana's, Elways, Young's, and Bradys never did. Cuz you would've got your ass chewed out, even in pee-wee football.

He may not be the goat to you, but the mofo is easily without a doubt in the football top 5 QB's to ever lace them up.

There was a round table a few years back, 5+ years ago. I wish I could find it but it consisted of Manning, Montana, Young, Rodgers and one or two more. I tried looking for it but it's not longer available on the NFL website. Long story short, Young bowed down to Montana. Montana bowed down to Brady. He said - "Tom took his place some years ago." And again, this was done over 5+ years ago. Some of the greatest QB's that ever played and some of the greatest QB's currently playing all bowed down to Brady. It's purely sipping on Haterade to say he's not in the top 10, lol. And this is coming from a New Yorker and a Giants fan.
Appreciate 1