View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #249
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
So you want to quote INTs - sure, then throw Rodgers in the mix, the guy usually has less interceptions in a season them most do in a game or two.
Rodgers is the ‘smartest’ hands down. Also Marino, Brees and Manning etc were more slingers than Brady, Brady rarely throws the ball downfield relative to those guys so I would expect them to have more INTs as they are making tougher throws then the 5-10 yards Brady has made a living throwing to the “unknowns” like Gronk, Edelman etc. unless of course Kevin King is out in coverage, then just chuck it

Whole body of work for a position in my books doesn’t include stats that are not controlled by the position - Brady did not win 7 Super Bowls, the team he played on did. I believe every team (or maybe only 6 of them) had a top 10 or better defence that contributed to the wins just as much or if not more than him. I would argue 90% of the QBs in the league would have won those SBs if they were the QB instead of Brady.

He will break many records (and I would hope he would considering how long he’s played) but he will not lead the league or break records in some other measures which are key to the position.

Again we will agree to disagree, Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time…not greatest of all time.

Next you’ll tell me Emmitt Smith is the greatest running back of all time
you only have to look at the Bucs to know thats not the case. Basically the same team with Jameis at the helm went 7-9. And Jameis is one of those guys with "great" arm talent you talk about, but no where near the smarts of Brady. Or you can look at the 2008 season, a year after going 18-1 and losing the superbowl, where brady was hurt, cassel came in and they missed the playoffs.

And while we are on the topic of elite arm talent, being able to throw 80yards isnt the only thing that shows arm talent. Being able to accurately place balls anywhere on the field is a big part of it, and Brady has shown he is one of the best in the league at that. And FWIW, brady last season had more air yards per completion than rodgers. 9.1 intended air yards per attempt and 7.1 completed air yards per completion to rodgers 7.9 and 5.5.

Brady's game has never been focused on deep passing. Mainly because hes never had true deep threats and/or the time in the pocket to wait for the deep ball. But when you give him deep threats like moss or evans or godwin, he has shown hes more than capable of airing it out.

and what records are you talking about? Single season records? For career records, the only one hes not going to hold after this season is Ints. Yards, TDs, Completions, and on and on will all his.

Edit: took at look at Mahomes Air Yards and Brady was better last season than him as well. Mahomes 8.4 and 4.2

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 09-22-2021 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50