View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #648
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
No, they built the trusses by hand on site...purportedly so they could make adjustments as needed to follow said roof line. So the master framer should be able to build to spec once he gets the new drawings I figure. I'm not confident they'll be able to reuse the front since they are cut to size, but maybe. At the end of the day, it needs to be done as right as possible. Right would entail repouring a new footing of course, so I'll settle for "as right as possible" in this case.

No material on the trusses just yet, just framed. They will be putting two dormers in the roof too, but again, those aren't framed up yet either. Should be a relatively inexpensive fix in the grand scheme of things, I figure $3-4K. Still sucks that we have to eat it though, since I'm sure I will somewhere.
Phew! Yeah, you should be good then, on modifications. Theoretically, to be done right, they'd need to scrap the truss's and start over. I'm no genius, but I do watch engineering catastrophe's enough to know a band-aid isn't ever the fix. Please keep me posted, I'm quite curious as to how they will rectify this. I can ssure you though, someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and state what really needs to happen.

TheWatchGuy - What say you on this topic? I know you have GC experience.
Appreciate 0