View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #642
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
King Rudi Just invite a few Cowboys cheerleaders (or team of choice) to your home and it'll be fine.
F*ck it, I'd rather fight today. It's shame I no longer have a sparing partner or am not currently enrolled in MMA classes. I need to break something.....and not the gf's hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Sounds like fun. His girlfriend might not like it, though. Unless she's into that sort of thing.
With the way everything else is going, I'm sure she'd love it, as long as it doesn't involve me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Well you never know, lol. Something tells me Rudi wouldn't be the type (unlike some other people) that would spend all day bragging about it. Then again, if it were to happen, I don't mind hearing about the adventure.

Just in case you weren't aware, this is an ongoing joke from another thread.
I am well known for my stories. I heard Joe Rogan once explain that comedians pride themselves on being able to tell a story and describe things in comedic detail. This is how I perceive myself in 90% of the things I have shared (and deleted ) in the dating thread. I share stories for either comedic value or to teach people not to do things that I have done. As Cyn put it himself, we live similar lives, he can be himself....and I'll continue to modest and honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
King Rudi - that sucks! Sadly, also becoming more and more common. I hope they make it right though.

Last week was not a very good week - we are doing renos, a major part of which is adding a two car garage onto the house. Now the house is perfectly set up for it, they can easily follow the roof line to create this new garage, requires the architect to draw a nice little box with a triangle on top. Pretty fricking simple. Or so we thought.

They dug the footings and put in the wooden forms to pour, and me having no knowledge of construction, looked at the front footings compared to the rear, and thought the rear looks like what I would expect, but the front looks to be inset too much, but hard to tell. So I texted the GC my concerns and was sloughed off that they are "following the drawings". So fine, I replied and said the drawings clearly show the roof line matching up and being followed, as long as that happens, we are good.

Fast forward to the footings being poured, frame went up, and then they got to the trusses which they did by hand instead of premade. Lo and behold, my wife and I were right and it was not going to line up. Front wall was probably inset too far by about a foot. So the GC was going to try to make it look good, and we really have no significant issue with him, he's been good to work with, but ultimately, we didn't like the plan.

Now sadly, the trusses are already up, so they are going to have to be taken apart, but we want this fixed so it lines up. The bloody architect who misdrew the plans in the first place (because he just went off old blueprints instead of actually coming on site to measure) is the one I was really annoyed with and will now be fixing that little problem...at least he'll be redoing the plans for free.

I'm sure that my wife and I will wind up paying for the materials and labour somehow buried into the cost which is annoying, especially as we've made it clear to both the GC and the architect that we expect them to cover it...but ultimately how can we really stop them from padding a different area and getting it back? Pretty much impossible, so kind of resigned to getting it in the rear at the end.

But today was good because instead of delaying things, they'll be out the next time the weather is nice to continue (we figured they'd pull the plug with winter) so hopefully Wednesday of this week we'll see their little faces pulling trusses apart and building a solution.
Thank you Joe and you can not be more accurate. I'm ok with mistakes, mistakes and accidents happen. It's just odd that it has become more the case than the exception. How did we get here? Keep me posted on updates from the house. Curious as to how they plan to remedy this.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-25-2021 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
Esteban43745.00
TiMSport12803.00