View Single Post
      02-16-2024, 07:12 PM   #48
SteVTEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Eh, doesn't have to be one side or the other. I think that happens but it's unfortunate.

They work for some people (probably more people than people realize), but they don't work for everyone. Price is a thing, new and used. Long term cost of fuel vs electrons is a thing. What one has access to for charging. How often you actually tow or take a road trip. Your weather. The ability to get an EV repaired if you have an issue. Reliability of a product that's both new and established at the same time.

It's a complicated subject, there's no right or wrong. Some people should own them, some should not. Government can push a little but most would agree push less than they are right now. Anyone with a firm side that can only see the good or the bad is certainly fooling themselves.
I actually agree with this completely. My "smoke and mirrors" angle was more about government/politician/industry hype, promises, and propaganda, and then mandates based on all of that, vs. reality.

I see right through that and it really irks me, but as for the cars themselves, I actually like EV's and think they're pretty cool. I have no problem with them existing or even being a "thing". If there was one that suited my needs I'd consider one.