View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #33
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

actually T.50 shows all the manufacturers that we can still have lightweight cars.. 980kg on T.50 and another such a great car LaFerrari is 1600kg almost.. its a crazy difference..

and actually T.50 looks cleaner than all other supercars thanks to that fan on the back.. McLaren F1 had 2 fans as far as i remember and it was helping to boost the downforce.. though T.50 has a lot more downforce than McLaren F1.. and it seems like that fan can kick 15kg of thrust alone.. really wonder if that car really move only with that fan on a flat surface..

i agree that recent supercars got too aggressive with their designs that most of them is only for show.. i can bare that but i really want lightweight supercars back.. cause like they say.. "adding power makes you faster on the straights, subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere'..

for safety, cars got heavier but supercars use all sorts of exotic materials, they dont need most of their accessories actually as well.. having a big infotainment is not a must for example even budget friendly cars have them.. but i guess the problem starts with double clutch transmissions, turbochargers they re just heavy and you can shave some weight but there is a limit.. since T.50 is NA and manual probably helps to shave at least like 100kg alone from there.. in short, smaller and lightweight supercars are needed like back in the old days..