View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #38
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
This happens to us all the time and neither of us has a Facebook. It's just the way it is. No smart home goodies in the house, just laptops and cell phones. We'll have a conversation in the kitchen about something and then all ads that populate are now aimed towards a conversation that hadn't happened prior to 30 minutes ago. Frustrating, but don't think it's Facebook. It's 2020.
I have to agree, the wife and I never had a Facebook account. When it first came out and I started to understand what they were doing I knew it was going to lead to nothing good. The first indicator I got was people at work telling me they were reigniting with high school friends then old BF and GF. Marriages broke up in the early days of Facebook.

Specifically, the Wife and I have conversations and I go to do a search on the topic of discussion and I type in the first few letters of the topic and within the first few autofill search criteria is the topic we are speaking about. Some of these topics are not common things. I know on the iPhone Apple does most of the AI on the phone before passing it off to the search engines but it is still creepy it seems to know what we talking about.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00