Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
After reading other stories mine is not as creepy as I had it in my head.

It was 2017 and I was contacted by phone by a a guy that was an executive at an account that I manage. He and I had never intereracted before but he knew who I was and what I do. He asked if he could send me a non disclosure agreement and if I could sign and send it back to him. I will leave his industry out but he wanted to meet with me because he was opening a new manufacturing plant. His non compete had run out and he was going into business for himself. I had Facebook at the time and was always very careful to keep notification, location services, access to mics, cameras and anything I could find turned off.

We met at my local office to review the project so that I could start working on the design of the storage and warehouse. Our meeting was about 2 hours. I had no previous contact with this person and had not even added him to my contacts at this point. I get home from the meeting and open up Facebook. A friend suggestion popped up and it was him. Our meeting with private and there were two people on the planet that knew we were meeting. Pulse Facebook. Talk about feeling like my privacy had been violated.

I ended up closing my account a month later for that and other reasons. I can't tell you how much happier I am without that distraction.
I'm absolutely 100% NOT SURPRISED at this. This tech is insidious and intrusive.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0