View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
spooner1sm
Bimmer Baby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 528xi

Question 2008 528xi Wheel Advice

First off, hi! Buying my first BMW (and first e60) in about 2 weeks - bone stock 08 528xi with some nice trim and in great condition. I'm pretty new to modding as well, though I have done my own general maintenance work on cars in the past.

Now, the xi is coming with its OEM wheels - 17x7.5 star spokes (style 138). I was considering changing the wheels out when changing the tyres sometime after the winter, but upon looking closer at the tyres, they're 5 years old and showing some visible cracking. I was talking to a mate of mine that works at a local mod shop and he mentioned being able to grab me any number of OEM BMW wheels with tyres attached for an incredibly attractive price, making me consider upgrading the wheels much sooner than I originally expected.

What I wanted to know is, what kind of wheels would work with the xi? I was hoping to go for 19"s, perhaps with an 8.5" width. I was just browsing through some of the OEM wheels that have been offered recently, and saw that some X5's run 19x9s with a 48mm offset. Given that it's an X-drive with a positive offset of 43mm, how much leniency would I have putting wheels like those on this without adjusting the suspension (later project), rubbing, and having the wheels stick out like a rice cooker?

Does anyone else have experience putting larger OEMs on their 528xi?

Thanks, and if I'm missing any info or was overall confusing, please let me know - still learning here!
Appreciate 0