United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR / F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATM3 View Post
It is best practice to disconnect the battery. However, I did not and have not had any issues disconnecting them with the battery connected (I have done it multiple times as well).
Great - thanks for the info! I'm probably going to tackle this soon...seems pretty straight forward.

On the coolant loss, if careful will a lot drain out (as opposed to not being careful and losing more). How much needs to be topped off (generally) if done carefully?

Thanks again!
On this latest install on the M6, I actually had someone hold the turbo cooler pulled to the left while I reached down and install the connectors instead of pulling off the coolant hoses on the right side. I had minimal loss of coolant from the small hose on the top of the cooler. If you remove both coolant hoses on the right side you will lose about a gallon. I would recommend having someone hold the turbo-cooler with the coolant lines still connected while you connect the plugs for minimal if any loss of coolant. I didn't have to put in any extra coolant doing this method.
Appreciate 0