View Single Post
      03-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #13
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
My market is probably not the same as your market...but gas stations and retail haven't been the best things to invest in, lately. My bank guys are always talking about them, not in positive ways.

That said, if the books, price, and location are nice, it's defiantly worth looking into.
bimmette - I love the bolded spelling error. At least I suspect it is an error. The reason I love it so much is because it could also be taken another way wherein it is not an error. As in you are defiantly bucking what the bankers predict will happen.

Thanks Aatish - this was the highlight of the past hour for me.

@BEM-S4 - Yes, fair, the government *might* come after the seller. But having seen enough of said purchases in my previous life, I'd want a legal opinion so I could go after their insurance if they're wrong. Especially if someone other than the government is involved. But you still have a headache from having to prove it came from neglect prior to your ownership, good luck with that I figure.

Environmental ARO's scare me. Especially buried ones. Remediation is not always what you think and costs can skyrocket. I'd be wary of gas stations personally, but I am more of a risk-averse person by nature too, so I can see my bias in my recommendations.
Appreciate 1
bimmette6455.50