View Single Post
      01-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #29
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Sign up, be patient and allow the system to work. You've made it nearly a year without COVID so just continue best practices and you can easily avoid contracting the virus.

To the few in this thread that stated huge amounts of doses are being thrown in the trash, that is almost certainly not true. Sure there will be some mistakes but not on large levels. Doses are thawed as they are needed and if too many are thawed they are given out first come first serve. It would be incredibly unethical and potentially criminal to thaw large amounts of vaccine to not be used.
Easy for you to say when you're not dealing with other life threatening issues. While I will continue to live my life as I've faced my potential death more than most anyone, my screwed up view of my mortality isn't what others have when they also have a life threatening condition. I wouldn't be so critical of how this process is going if it were not the real stats out there showing a ton of vaccines yet to be distributed. With the small groups we're talking about, what makes you think the current system is going to be able to handle the mass general population? And if it's not your official turn but you're in the recognized high risk categories, you CANNOT sign up and wait your turn. The point is the system is not working when only 5 states are above 50% in distributing their allotted vaccines.

While I don't have actual data on the number of thrown out vaccines, you don't either or you'd be posting it up. I am hypothesizing as there are reports of vaccines being thrown out due to rules disallowing them to be used outside of the current vaccination group. And the data point of a poster here that has had first hand knowledge. I only say that it would be interesting to see the actual data on how many vaccines are being thrown out.
Appreciate 0