View Single Post
      01-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #26
Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Offering a bribe is just tacky, perhaps even illegal. Selling a spot in line is surely so. Get a local physician and work with them. Really should have been doing this already as good practice, but especially under these conditions. If your condition is actually a recognized risk factor they can help assure you get a shot sooner. Even the deepest 'anti-federal-bureaucracy' states are going to be implementing systems to get prioritized doses for at-risk people. Part of the problem is that desperate people sign up for every listing they can find, so those waiting lists are kind of inflated with fluff, and will move faster once things get a little more organized.
Appreciate your opinion but disagree. I wouldn't characterize it as a bribe just a thank you. Like I explained in an earlier post I split time between NYC and Dallas and haven't been able to get back to NYC since covid because of the risks. I have been having telehealth visits with my doctor's in NYC. It wouldn't make much sense to start with a new team of doctors in Dallas especially since every doctor's visit puts me at further risk of catching covid. Again I would never try to put myself infront of someone more deserving. I qualify to get the vaccine, I have 3 of the high risk conditions that qualify you. I am just having a hard time because I don't have a relationship with a doctor, Pharmacy, or hospital group in Dallas. Sorry if I came off brash in anyway it's not what I intended. I'm just desperate to be honest.
Appreciate 0