View Single Post
      05-19-2022, 07:41 AM   #22
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Depends what you mean by Aliens… life on other planets or little gray men in flying aluminum discs that probe cow’s butts.

“Life” I am fairly certain is everywhere in the universe, pretty sure we are going to find it on Titan in the next few years when that mission kicks off. Now how much of that “life” made the leap to “intelligent life”, that’s the what’s hard to figure out.

If anyone who believes in science, math, probability and is not blinded by religious beliefs would be handed the numbers of unmeasurable trillions of galaxies with billions of solar systems in each, with billions of stars, with many potential planets will realize the numbers are exponentially unimaginable to humans.. our brain can’t handle understanding that number. Then given the one simple proof of our own existence that someone really has no choice but to accept the probability there is both life and intelligence life spread across the universe… but beyond us on Earth and using probability there is little facts or proof.

I am intrigued but not certain that little gray men are visiting us. Because there is little proof so far, I think most the sightings are oddities and most likely human and natural creations we can’t explain. But I love me some good blurry tic tac videos! It’s at least not enough to convince me just yet they are “here”

The more I learn about advanced Artificial Intelligence, the more I realize that the likelihood of biological bodies traveling across space decreases, and space travel could most likely be done by AI in mechanical form which is unaffected by conditions of space and radiation, while biological humans stay behind on earth or we reside within our solar system. That leads me to think that likely any Alien civilizations in space travel to visit us will also be AI and not biological, so we would encounter potential visitors but not as biological creatures.

I will share the most compelling argument I ever heard that gives weight behind us being alone in the universe. The universe is 14 Billion years old, it’s likely created by a big bang and it’s expanding, it took like 9 billion years just to form from energy into actual objects like stars and galaxies and planets. So the universes ability to sustain life is only a few billion years old no matter where you are in the universe. Life is likely everywhere but it’s highly probably that human level intelligent life is a rare 1 in billions of billions chance of occurring, now factor in the harshness of extinction and survivability that intelligent life takes 100 million years to develop and that planet must encounter zero disruption events… then continue on for millions more to go from the wheel to having civilized faster than light space travel… the odds get pretty darn low of making it this far…. And lastly, if the window for intelligent life is fairly small and the universe only around a few billion years… someone had to be first… could we literally be the first to make it this far?
Appreciate 6
///d1820.00
Torgus3781.50
minn1914034.50
UncleWede18001.00
Bingham276.00
antgenn319.00