View Single Post
      02-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #12
arkitectonix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i xdrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ36 View Post
Unfortunately he’s right. I gave Dinan a call and here’s what the rep had to say:

“The Dinan midpipe wil unfortunately not fit any gran coupe models due to the pipe not being lengthy enough for the dimensions of the car. If you want my honest opinion, just go with a double res delete with a reputable shop and you will achieve roughly 99.9% of what our midpipe has to offer. When it comes to drone, YMMV with both our midpipe or a res delete.”

So... that kind of sucks. I was REALLY wanting to go the midpipe route via Dinan due to the price + reputation that won’t make my dealer flip out, but now idk what to do lol.
That's exactly what we were told too by Dinan; to have my pro installer or a good muffler shop do a dual res delete. They went as far as to suggest that I just do the axleback and see how I like the sound. I'm happy so far with just the axleback, but consent that more pops and bangs a la MPPSK would make it sound meaner. But I'm in no rush to have it done.

I personally don't think a dealer would flip out over a dual resonator delete. It's a very very mild modification compared to something like a downpipe.
Appreciate 0