View Single Post
      03-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
trillyUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 D4

E61 successful Carplay install (Andream)

After reading and seeing a YouTube video (link) went ahead and ordered the Andream Carplay touchscreen Headunit rather than the MMI box. Overall pleased with the result although some hurdles along the way.

Went for the screen rather than the MMI box so had touchscreen as well. However, this means there is not the curved screen reflector and glare is quite bad. Other users have put some anti-glare film over the screen to reduce it. Audio quality is fine and functionality superb for what it cost, approx $230/£210. As my E61, recently purchased, didn't have bluetooth but the fixed phone in the centre console this was a cheap way of getting hands free phone in and bringing the tech' upto date in the car.

My Andream unit was supplied to support the CCC iDrive but sent with a CIC cable. I queried this with the seller and although they were not a 100% sure it would work it has without any issue.

Can't say recommend the seller but I can recommend the unit. Now contemplating whether to get another unit for my F32.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0