Thread: Roofing
View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Here are a few pics of front, rear and attic (each taken right before Hurricane Irma), as well as a pic of a valley issue that needed repair this week. It gives and idea of what’s under the tiles - plywood with some type of membrane. House is 2,645 under air, 3,641 total incl. garage and covered patio / entry. First estimate has us just above 5,000 sq. ft. (or 50 squares) for roof.

I am weary of any roofing contractor because I am pretty ignorant on roofing. I’ve been trying to read up but it’s a bit overwhelming... This is not going to be a find-the-lowest-cost-guy project. I don’t want to do this more than once or be dealing with preventable issues a few years down the road. At the same time, just picking the highest quote guarantees nothing. I need to figure out how to educate myself enough to get comfortable with who we select and how they will do the job.

Good tip on insurance. I’ll check paperwork. I hesitate to call them right now in hurricane season because if they get the idea we are thinking about replacing the roof the fuckers might try to drop us. Insurance in FL sucks.
Attached Images