01-13-2023, 03:53 PM   #2644
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
has anyone braved a significant ebay purchase from japan? looking at vendors with 1000+ positive feedback and at least 3 years on ebay...some like this: OMEGA Watch Speedmaster Racing Co-Axial Chronograph

ebay does have authenticity and money-back guarantee...but i've never tested either.

am i nuts for considering?
Problem with eBay is authenticity. Just because it has authenticity doesn't mean it actually is. I've skipped out on two watches with authenticity on eBay because they turned out to be replicas after I posted photos that the sellers sent me on different forums and got opinions from various members there. One seller was from Japan and another from Latvia. Both had lots of positive feedbacks. Now they (the forum members in the forums I asked around at) could all have been wrong and it could have been authentic but I wasn't willing to spend $4k to test my luck and/or buy a replica.
Personally I'd pay more for a verified authentic watch from one of the other websites mentioned a few posts above.

The watch you posted in the link is a great watch. I have one of those but with the reverse panda dial. One of my favorite daily wears actually and mine has held up extremely well even though it isn't old and has been worn almost every other day.

Edit - The list of websites is mentioned in the thread about Tudor watches. Not this thread. My bad.
Attached Images

2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00