07-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #9
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I saw that dinner you listed after your ride.

And from an earlier discussion on water, you mentioned stopping 30 minutes in to pee. Is that the time Mrs. T jumps way out in front of you on the road?
In my defense i did burn about 1500 calories on that morning bike ride. My BMR to lose 1 pound a week is 1950 calories.

Meals yesterday:
My riding nutrition was 490 cal. Banana and energy bars.

Post ride lunch was 933 cal. Sausage, cheese, veggie 3 egg omelette and french toast. 2 slices and 1/4 cup of syrup.

The dinner you're talking about was 641 calories because i ditched the egg. Bacon cheese burger (bun less), potatoes, veggies

Snacks for the day (dessertS) was 892 calories. S'mores brownies, dark chocolate covered almonds, banana/apple sauce snack (for the potassium)

Leaving me with a 493 cal deficit, or about 35% of my burned calories uneaten. I went a little crazy with the desserts which cost me another 100 cal. But whatevs, still under the net calorie goal.

I only employ the 60% rule because there was a month where i only lost 2 pounds instead of the normal 4. After looking at the data, i found that month i was eating almost all of my burned calories where as the previous months, i was (inadvertently) only eating about 60% of my burned calories. Now i try to stick to that ratio.

No, she doesn't need me to take a bathroom break to jump way out in front of me. I've only been cycling for 6 months, she's been doing at a much higher level for 9 years. I suspect that within a year or so from now, i should be able to hang with her. 2 years from now i can start talking trash and letting her chase me.

I'm looking forward to returning the favor of setting a pace that wears her the hell out and then laughing about it afterwards.