View Single Post
      06-29-2019, 11:39 PM   #30
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Nice '95! Impressive that the basket handle 3rd brake light is still on there. I'd probably still kill it, but nice, clean car. For what it's worth, I prefer powdered coat to paint for wheels though.
Honestly I was happy when I heard they were powder coated, but they look a bit dull and it wasn't the best job as they are a little bit pitted.

The wheels in the restoration shop (Automobile associates in Canton, CT) look bright and pristine in the OEM silver and OEM clear coat. I'm going to let those guys have at it and swap the Yokohama tires out for the Michelin Pilot sport II's.

The basket handle doesn't bother me and I want to keep it as stock as possible. Low miles and all original protects the value. There are a lot of reasons getting a '95 was an advantage. I could go either way on the basket handle. I prefer the narrow body car to the "S". They say the narrow body cars are lighter and smoother. I can't say thats true, but this particular car is butter smooth driving and steers like nothing else I have ever driven.
Appreciate 2