DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
That's the key right there. Private account setting.

My wife is on FB and I'm not. Her account is on lock-down so random people cant find her and bother her. Also, because she's a doctor, she wants to be very careful about separating her professional life from her personal life. Needy, clingy, weird patients would be blowing up her personal FB page if they could find her.

Now_Rudi The question is, to what degree is your girl's profile on FB open and discover-able? If anyone can stumble across her profile and "friend" her, why? Why does she need that level of attention for randos?

If you haven't already, you really need to tell her you reached out to that dude and told him to back off. Otherwise, she finds out and suddenly you are the bad guy for interfering in her personal online life. I could see her feeling like she's a grown woman and doesn't need you to be the barometer for when someone is stepping over the line.
I have no idea how public her facebook account is. I know that she rarely posts anything and ignores the randos, but this particular guy was trying to weasel in a while back as well. Not to sound any certain way, but this guy is the ex of her exhusbands new wife. This was his way of finding an in to get to know her. She was friendly, civil and explained that she wasn't interested yet he has persisted. This is why I sent the message to him. I'm not the "don't be talking to my girl on social media bro" guy. She's let him know and now so have I. I took screen shots of the conversation between he and I and sent to her to protect myself of any misconceptions. She was more concerned of ensuring that I am all she wants. I think we're all good here. I accept the fact that there will always be guys trying and I'm cool with that. I'd be more concerned if they weren't. She actually thanked me being proactive enough to step in and say something without being rude or aggressive about it.
Ah, you're in the clear man. Nice work. Really sounds like you did the right thing and have nothing to worry about with respect to your woman.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00