View Single Post
      11-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

BMS JB4 & lapping

I intend to track my car regularly next summer. I used to be an avid time trials competitor and I’ve done a lot of lapping in the past but had drifted away from these, as I got into motorcycling for a while, but now I’m coming back to lapping.

I track-heat-cycled a square tire & wheel setup at the end of last summer and noticed a lot of wheel spin on corner exit, so I bought a M performance LSD which I have yet to install.

As there is never enough power, my next step is a tune. For the moment I just want to get all the power I can of a tune without necessarily going into the down & charge pipes and intercoolers.

I’m new to turbos, and I'm looking for the maximum consistent and repeatable power I can get out of a tune with 94 octane, and I’m looking at the BMS JB4.

I’ve perused the Burger site, and the information there is anything but clear except for car electronics nerd.

I understand the recent JB4s for the M235 include the FlexFuel add on connector.

For the purposes expressed above, would the EWG add on connector be of any use at all? It’s not a question of cost; I just don’t want to install something that is useless for what I intend to use it for and clutter up the engine compartment unnecessarily (and I hear the wastegate harness is difficult to access).

Am I wrong in that the EWG harness is required for Map 2? Anyway, can I use Map 2 without a downpipe or other mods to get consistent and repeatable power lap after lap?

All knowledgeable input would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0