10-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
One thing I always tell people is to know the difference between muscle pains (which usually aren't a big deal) and joint / tendon pains (which are a big deal). Long story short is - if it hurts, don't go.
I could not have said it better. Listening to your body is the best advice I can give you. I ran in my high school days and while on active duty in the Marine Corps. I started back running about 3 years ago and love every mile I log. When I'm gearing up for a marathon or a half I average about 30 miles a week. Unfortunately I'll be sidelined for the 2012 Houston marathon because of a torn meniscus in my right knee . Surgery is scheduled for December so I'll have to relax until early spring. Just a quick recommendation.....the Nike+ website is a great place to start your training. All you'll really need is a sensor and receiver kit. The programs are very good. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you're progressing .........................Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0